Plant Health Care
What can Plant Health Care do for You?
The Plant Heath Care Practitioner seeks to identify the best ways for trees to adapt and thrive with in the urban landscape, while at the same time accommodating the desires of the homeowner or property manager.
Common Plant Health Issues
You have trees being affected by pests
Solution: Pesticide Application
We offer spray or injection to address pests and diseases in the Triangle and the trees they most commonly affect.
• Trunk Injection – based on the diameter of the tree, lasts 1 - 3 year depending on the product the arborist deems necessary and ranges from $250 – $1000
• Spraying – based on the size of tree and product being sprayed, will likely require multiple visits throughout the growing season, ranges from $75 – $200 per visit
You have trees too close to your driveway/house
Solution: Plant Growth Regulator
If you live in a neighborhood, there is a very good chance there is a tree close to
your driveway or house. PGR addresses size-management issues.
• Applied through soil injection
• A 3-year treatment ranges approximately $200 – $500
• Very common practice to apply PGR after pruning
• PGR increases fine root growth so the tree can take in more moisture and nutrients
Your tree looks unhealthy; our ISA Certified Arborist identifies a soil/root issue
A great way to address soil and root health, the Air Spade uses high pressure
air through a hose to remove soil from the base of the tree without damage and
allow our arborists to address:
• Mulch volcano – Mulch that is greater than 4” in depth often causes problems
for the tree
• Soil Fill – Compacted soil can reduce soil oxygen and limit water movement;
aeration with the air spade seeks to improve root health and water and
mineral uptake of the tree
• Girdling Roots – The roots of container-grown trees (commonly planted in
neighborhoods) often encircle in the container and create roots that overlap
and “strangle” the tree